Scribble Research

Scribble Art

In preparation for the upcoming project, I spent some time
scrolling through scribbles and practicing line work.
After exploring scribbling I made a small piece using the techniques I found
that worked for me during my practice.


Sketchbook Practice - Circle and Square


For my square and circle, I used a freehand technique so that my
pencil or outline marking wouldn't show up.
My square isn't perfect because I didn't use an outline.
I wanted to see how the marker and pencil would react differently to the scribbling.
The coloured square used a circular motion and the circle using a very chaotic
and random motion. When I wanted my markings to be darker I would make them
closer together or smaller, and the lighter areas were done by using broader scribbles.


The following images are the practice that we did
in-class with scribble art.




These three images are the ones I found online
that sparked my inspiration.
I wasn't quite able to recreate the technique exactly
so I added my own style to the technique.







Comments